Friday, May 29, 2009

Sales Productivity Checklist

SALES PRODUCTIVITY CHECKLIST

Territory/Strategic Planning
(First Things First)

1. Where Are My Key Accounts & What Is Their Growth/Profitability Outlook?
2. What Are My Sales & Margin Objectives For All My Core Accounts?
3. What Outcomes Must I Make Happen By When To Meet My Account & Territory Objectives?
4. Who Are My Competitors & How Do We Stack Up In Terms Of Exclusives & Better Thans?
5. What Sales Tools, Joint Call Support, Authority & Pricing Input Do I Need & How Do I Set It Up?
Prospecting
(Facts To Find)
1. Do They Need My Product Or Service & Do They Have The Resources To Pay?
2. Are They Happy With Their Current Supplier?
3. Who Is The Decision Maker & Who Are The Influencers?
4. What Do They Do And How Do They Do It?
5. When & How Do They Make Buying Decisions?
6. Who Are My Established Competitors & What Are My "Better Thans" and "Exclusives."
7. Have I Learned Enough And Told Them Enough To Ask For A Second Call And To Effectively Sell During It?
Call Planning
(Need To Know)
1. What Was My Last Call Objective?
2. What Did I Learn And What Did I Promise During The Last Call In This Account?
3. Have I Learned Anything Since My Last Call That Could Be Important To A Key Contact?
4. What Is My Objective(s) For This Call?
5. What Probes Can I Ask That Are Likely To Reveal Information I Need?
6. Is There Anything/Anyone I Should Bring To The Call?
7. Is There Anyone Else From The Client Company Who Should Attend?
8. What Are My Key Contact's Call Objectives?
9. Are There Any Objections I Can Anticipate?
10. Where Is The Best Place To Have This Call (Client's Office, Lunch, Dinner, Etc.)?
11. What Time Of Day & Length Of Call Is Best?
During The Call
(Things To Do)
1. Adapt To The Client's Style & Stay Focused.
2. Let The Client Know Why I'm There.
3. Do Less Talking Than The Client.
4. Ask My Probes & Follow Up As Needed.
5. Actively Listen For Main & Supporting Points.
6. Restate & Confirm The Client's Key Points.
7. Find Ways To Develop Relationships.
8. Connect Customer Needs To The Ways I Can Add Value To An Ongoing Business Relationship.
9. Close (On A Next Meeting, A Deal, Something).
After The Call
(Follow Thru)
1. Write Notes Or A Call Report (Objective, Analysis, Next Actions & Recommendations).
2. Follow Up & Follow Thru Directly With My Management & Others As Needed.
3. Do What I've promised.
4. Think About How To Develop The Account.

No comments:

Post a Comment